Chairman of Matchroom Sport, Eddie Hearn, has said that “no-one can pull out” of the long-awaited heavyweight clash between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua because the proposed blockbuster fight has been signed and will go ahead.
Fury claimed on Friday that the proposed fight is in serious doubt after Joshua supposedly asked for “more money,” labeling him and his team “cowards.”
“We’ve signed the contract; we’re waiting for a date,” Hearn told DAZN on Sunday.
Hearn said neither fighter could simply withdraw from the agreement.
“The fight’s signed. No one can withdraw from the fight. You can’t just pull out of a contract,” he said.
The main issue still The unresolved main issue is the location of the fight. is where the fight will take place.
The bout had been expected to happen in the United Kingdom in November, but Saudi organisers Sela are pushing for it to be staged in the United States.
Joshua and Fury have separate contracts with Sela, with New York’s Madison Square Garden reportedly among the preferred venues.
The fight is also expected to be broadcast on Netflix.
Hearn said the Joshua camp would prefer the fight to remain in Britain but could consider a move to the United States under the right terms.
“We know everybody and his dog involved in the fight wants to do it in America. We don’t,” Hearn said.
The promoter added that discussions with Sela were continuing but stressed that there was no indication the fight itself was in danger of falling apart.
“We’ve told Sela and the team, ‘If you want to do it in America, these are the terms that we can move forward with. But we’d rather not please,’” he said.
Fury and Joshua have been expected to meet in one of the biggest fights in British boxing history, with the venue and date now the major outstanding details.
Packaged by Lanre Olabisi







































































