As part of his plans to reposition the Ekiti State University Teaching Hospital, (EKSUTH), Ado-Ekiti as a leading tertiary health care institution, Ekiti State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi, has approved the establishment of a Fact Finding Committee to look into the activities of the institution from 2013 to date.
Members of the EKSUTH Fact Finding Committee as approved by the Governor according to the spokesman of the governor, Olayinka Oyebade in a statement on Wednesday are:
1) Prof (Mrs) Ebun Adejuyigbe – Chairman
2) Prof Deji Agboola
3) Prof Simi Odeyinka
4) Prof Ayo Omotoso
5) Dr Walter Yemi Olatunde
6) Mr Ayoola Owolabi
7) Engr Tunde Alabi
8) Mr. J.A Obaparusi — Secretary
According to Oyebode, “the Fact Finding Committee is empowered to carry out the following tasks:
- Look into the leadership quality of the Hospital in terms of the roles of the Governing Board, the Chief Medical Director and other principal Officers;
- Look into the financial management of the Hospital including statutory Allocations and Internally Generated Revenue over the recommended period and determine whether it was in compliance with appropriate regulation.
- Investigate the application of funds, particularly special grants, loans meant for specific projects in order to determine the status of such projects and their relevance for further funding.
- Examine the processes and structures of the mechanism for the discipline of staff and students/interns in the Hospital in order to ascertain compliance with due process and rule of law.
The committee is to turn in its report and recommendations within four weeks.
Packaged by Emmanuel Adeniran