Campus Students’ Union activities has been once again, suspended at the Obafemi Awolowo Unuversity (OAU) in Ile Ife, Osun State.
The decision was announced via a press release signed by the University’s Registrar, Mr Dotun Awoyemi.
Some of the reasons leading to the suspension are;
* Presidents supporters beating up the Speaker on June 29 and 30, 2017
* The speakers supporters beating up the President on September 15,2017
* Recent serious fighting and open fracas at the meeting of the Union ( in one of which the President was physically assaulted on November 1,2017) and if which not promptly addressed could lead to final consequences.
* Vandalization of NURTW buses on October 6,2017
* Arrant dispensing of rumours of fee increment and fabricated threat of invasion of cultist to deceive and falsely gain acceptance amongst the student populace to precipitate crises and capable of disrupting the academic activities of the institution.
“In the light of these the administration in an emergency meeting held on Monday, 6th of November 2017 has come to a conclusion that the activities of the student Union be suspended till further notice. In the mean time the student union are been ordered to submit all the properties to the Dean, Division of Student Affairs.
The school Administration hereby enjoins students to be vigilant abs and ensure that miscreants do not circumvent the effort of the management to restore stability to the academic calendar of the school”.