In a bid to re-position the College of Health Sciences and Technology, Ijero-Ekiti for qualitative teaching and research in medical care and environmental health service, Ekiti State Governor,Dr Kayode Fayemi, has set up a Visitation Panel for the College.
The composition of the Visitation Panel is contained in an Executive Order 005, signed by the Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi on Monday, October 29, 2018.
The College of Health Sciences and Technology, Ijero-Ekiti Law 2010 provides that the Governor of Ekiti State may take such measures as occasion may warrant in order to improve the efficiency or due administration of the College.
The Visitation Panel is composed of the following members:
1) Prof. Sola Fasuba —– Chairman
2) Prof. Oluyemi Akinloye
3) Prof. Deborah Egunyomi
4) Dr. (Mrs) Folakemi Falore
5) Mr. Phillip Amujo
6) Dr. Sikiru Eniola
7) Dr. Sunday Aniyi
8) Mr. Bamidele Arowosola
The panel is empowered to carry out the following tasks:
- Examine the leadership quality of the College in terms of the roles of the Governing Council, the Provost and other Principal Officers;
- Examine the financial management of the College including Statutory Allocations and Internally Generated Revenue over the recommended period and determine whether it was in compliance with appropriate regulations;
- Investigate the application of funds, particularly special grants, loans meant for specific projects in order to determine the status of such projects and their relevance for further funding;
- Examine the adequacy or otherwise of the staff and examine the quality of its staff development programmes;
- Determine the relationship between the Colleges and the various statutory bodies it interacts with according to its law for the purpose of supervision, planning, finance, discipline, guidance and any other relationships the College may have in dealing with such bodies including the Governing Council, the National Board for Technical Education, the Ministries of Education and Health, etc. as well as the Visitor;
The Panel is to submit report containing recommendations to the Governor within four weeks.